EHOP Workshop 2023
The EHOP (effect handler oriented programming) workshop takes place from Thursday July 20 to Saturday July 22, 2023 at The Burn. This informal workshop will be centred around the themes of the EHOP project.
The Burn is an idyllic country house in the Scottish highlands situated on the banks of the North Esk river, providing an entry to the spectacular Glen Esk. It serves as a holiday accommodation and as a retreat for academic meetups.
- Where: The Burn, Glenesk, Brechin DD9 7YP, UK
- Arrival: 16:00 Thursday July 20, 2023
- Departure: 16:00 Saturday July 22, 2023
Most attendees will take the train from Edinburgh to Montrose on Thursday (Edinburgh Waverley 13:30--15:48 Montrose) and in the opposite direction on Saturday (Montrose 16:48--18:31 Edinburgh Waverley). You'll need to buy your own train tickets (either online or from the station). We've hired a bus to connect with these trains: Thursday leaving Montrose Station at 16:00; Saturday leaving The Burn at 15:45.
The programme consists of a series of talks and discussion groups.
The following talks were delivered during the meeting.
Friday July 21, 2023
- Prototyping WasmFX in Wasmtime by Daniel Hillerström [slides]
- Who Handles the Handlers? by Robert Atkey
- Eio by Anil Madhavapeddy
- Composing concurrency libraries by KC Sivaramakrishnan [slides]
Saturday July 22, 2023
- Effect Handlers in Low-Level Languages by Mario Alvarez Picallo [slides]
- Names and modalities for typing effect handlers by Leo White [slides] [code]
- Soundly Handling Linearity by Wenhao Tang [slides]
- Mary by Conor McBride
- Andreas Rossberg (Unaffiliated, DE)
- Anil Madhavapeddy (University of Cambridge, UK))
- Brian Campbell (The University of Edinburgh, UK)
- Conor McBride (University of Strathclyde, UK)
- Daan Leijen (Microsoft Research, USA)
- Frank Emrich (The University of Edinburgh, UK)
- Jesse Sigal (The University of Edinburgh, UK)
- KC Sivaramakrishnan (Tarides, IN)
- Leo White (Jane Street Ltd, UK)
- Mario Alvarez Picallo (Huawei Edinburgh Research Centre, UK)
- Markulf Kohlweiss (The University of Edinburgh, UK)
- Matija Pretnar (University of Slovenia, SI)
- Robert Atkey (University of Strathclyde, UK)
- Wenhao Tang (The University of Edinburgh, UK)
- Cristina Matache (The University of Edinburgh, UK)
- Daniel Hillerström (Huawei Zurich Research Center, CH)
- Sam Lindley (The University of Edinburgh, UK)
The EHOP workshop 2023 is sponsored by the UKRI Future Leaders Fellowship (MR/T043830/1) grant.